Backend EngineerApply for this Position
- Location Lincoln, NE
- Department Engineering
- Type Full Time
We are looking for a superb software engineer. This is a hands-on role that encompasses several key areas such as product development, performance, scalability, and architecture.
What you will do…
- Work with product management to define new product features and improvements
- Design and implement server-side software components to support product features
- Architect for performance and scalability: we deliver a real-time experience to customers at scale. You should have experience with resilient, redundant, and performant systems, and know how to optimize at scale.
- Be pragmatic: Handling multiple projects at the same time is a daily occurrence; you must be able to assess tradeoffs in an efficient manner and handle deliverables on short deadlines
- Strive for innovation: Continuous learning is essential to this role; you are encouraged to add to our institutional knowledge and find ways to incorporate the latest and the greatest in our system
- Be a team player: Everything happens within a team; you will have the opportunity to work with domain experts (understand domains and users), product managers (define roadmaps and scopes), and the broader engineering team (creates infrastructures and features essential for our models)
- Be ready to have fun: Love to be competitive? We have friendly game competitions. Love to dress up for Halloween? We hold costume contests. Love running and need a buddy (or buddies)? We participate in relay races. Love to improve your public speaking skills? Join Toastmasters. We have got YOU covered.
Who you are…
- BS in CS or related field
- 2+ Years of industrial experience in web services and security
- Strong in Java
- Strong in concurrent programming
- Strong understanding of relational databases
- Experience with distributed systems, scalability, and fault tolerance
- Experience with end-to-end performance profiling and optimization (Java, OS, database and/or network)
- Understanding of relational databases
- Amazon Web Services experience highly desirable
- Positive attitude