Engineering ManagerApply for this Position
- Location SF Bay Area
- Department Engineering
- Type Full Time
This Engineering Manager will lead a development team for Glint in Redwood City, CA. In addition to recruiting, training, and people management responsibilities, the role also involves technical review and implementation of product features.
What you will do…
- Work with product management to define new product features and improvements
- Plan releases, prioritize and assign features and bugs
- Define and track metrics to assess quality and performance
- Lead technical design reviews and code reviews
- Work with team members to define goals, track progress, and give feedback
- Have career development conversations and plan development goals to achieve them
- Mentor team members, celebrate wins, and learn from misses
- Be pragmatic: Handling multiple projects at the same time is a daily occurrence; you must be able to assess tradeoffs in an efficient manner and handle deliverables on short deadlines
- Strive for innovation: Continuous learning is essential to this role; you are encouraged to add to our institutional knowledge and find ways to incorporate the latest and the greatest in our system
- Be ready to have fun: Love to be competitive? We have friendly game competitions. Love to dress up for Halloween? We hold costume contests. Love running and need a buddy (or buddies)? We participate in relay races. Love to improve your public speaking skills? Join Toastmasters. We have got YOU covered.
Who you are…
- At least 5 years of hands on development experience.
- At least 2 years of management experience.
- Agile development in a fast paced startup environment.
- BS/MS/PhD in CS or related field.