Pulsing Employees During a Time of Global Distress
“Our employees are very grateful for what the company is doing. Nice to see words like “grateful” and “thankful” and ”senior leadership” pop up in our word cloud as blue!”
Jolanta Inda, Assistant VP, Organizational Culture, MetLife
MetLife is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 markets globally and holds leading positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
When COVID-19 became a global epidemic in early 2020, MetLife employees found themselves with a new work from home model. The company wanted to better understand how their employees are feeling and adapting considering their new normal.
Jolanta Inda, Assistant Vice President, Organizational Culture, along with her team, partnered with her Customer Success Manager and People Scientist, and Global Communications, to roll out a weekly crisis response pulse for employees. The short pulse is intended to connect with employees, understand employee sentiment, and measure employee reactions to the company’s response.
- Team members want to provide feedback.
- The short 7-question survey allows employees to easily and quickly provide feedback on their current situation. Within the first 5 days, there was already a 49% response rate.
- Management can provide focused support.
- Using Glint’s natural language processing and sentiment analysis, MetLife included an open-ended question asking employees to share specific stories of the good things happening across the organization that can support their enterprise focus areas.
- Employees are understanding what is expected of them.
- By only including COVID-19 specific questions, Jolanta’s team has been able to focus on their COVID-19 efforts and where they need to provide additional resources and expectations for employees.